Cron entry for SSL Certificate Expiration Checks doesn't generate email notifications

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
davidkillingsworth
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU14.64-Patch 24

Cron entry for SSL Certificate Expiration Checks doesn't generate email notifications

Post by davidkillingsworth »

I have this section in my zimbra crontab, but I didn't get an email recently when a customer's SSL cert had expired.

We got no warning and no email. We do get the daily emails that come in a 11:30PM with the statistics of the messages received, sent, message sizes, etc. however.

Code: Select all

# SSL Certificate Expiration Checks
#
0 0 1 * * /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmcheckexpiredcerts -days 30 -email
We have not modified the zimbra cron job at all.

If I run the command manually, I do get an email indicating that the certificate is expiring if I set the -days switch to 100 days after installing a new letsencrypt SSL cert.

Does anyone else receive these messages automatically? This caused a huge mess for us because the client had a 3 year commercial cert and it had expired several days ago and we hadn't noticed and we were unable to issue any zmcontrol commands on the server, mobile devices were not able to connect, and a whole range of other issues.