Mail queue

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
nigyeljunk

Mail queue

Post by nigyeljunk »

Hello,

Recently I noticed that all the mails gets queued up in Active mails by admin@mydomain.com to admin@mydomain.com. The count increases every seconds with 30 to 40 mails.. Because of this rest emails are queued. I have to manually delete the admin@mydomain.com mails but still it continues to increase for some minutes. If I restart zmcontrol services then stops. Again after few hours the same thing happends. Any idea why this is happening and solution to this?
help.png
help.png (25.42 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
Regards,
Nig.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Mail queue

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

It is possible your server has been hacked

Have you looked at any of the emails to figure out what they are about?
nigyeljunk

Post by nigyeljunk »

liverpoolfcfan wrote:It is possible your server has been hacked

Have you looked at any of the emails to figure out what they are about?
No mail is coming in the inbox of this admin user. That's why not able to track the issue cause. :cry:
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

The one thing that most people don't post is the ZCS version that's in use. You should always post the full output of the following command:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
Have you also checked to see if your server has been hacked? Have you also checked the log files around the time some of these emails arrive to see if you can determine their source?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
nigyeljunk

Post by nigyeljunk »

phoenix wrote:The one thing that most people don't post is the ZCS version that's in use. You should always post the full output of the following command:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
Have you also checked to see if your server has been hacked? Have you also checked the log files around the time some of these emails arrive to see if you can determine their source?
zmcontrol version shows:

Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 FOSS edition.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

That version is way out of date, older versions of ZCS have serious security vulnerabilities and you should upgrade to the most recent version ASAP.

You also didn't answer any of the questions I asked.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra