Sent emails missing in sent folder, zimbra client

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sanoj

Sent emails missing in sent folder, zimbra client

Post by sanoj »

Hi All,

One of my users has sent 3 emails in the morning yesterday. But it is not showing the sent items of the user in Zimbra WebClient. Its showing only emails that had sent in the afternoon only. The user has not deleted any sent items emails or using any filter/archive.

Is this issue a bug in zimbra?

Thanks
mgarbin

Re: Sent emails missing in sent folder, zimbra client

Post by mgarbin »

Check the user preference, section email, you need to check "Save copy to sent folder" .
sanoj

Post by sanoj »

mgarbin wrote:Check the user preference, section email, you need to check "Save copy to sent folder" .
I have checked the option and it is already enabled by default. Attached screenshot for reference.
Attachments
Screenshot1.JPG
Screenshot1.JPG (19.53 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
jjakob

Post by jjakob »

That option controls only mails sent via the Zimbra web client. Mails sent via SMTP from mail clients (either authenticated from anywhere or unauthenticated in mynetworks) isn't saved in any folder. The responsibility to save a sent message is in the sending client itself, they have settings to control if and where (in which POP/IMAP folder) to save all sent messages. Every message sending operation is really 2 operations, a message send via SMTP and filing the message via POP/IMAP in the correct Sent folder. So you need to configure the sending client correctly.
mgarbin

Post by mgarbin »

sanoj wrote:
mgarbin wrote:Check the user preference, section email, you need to check "Save copy to sent folder" .
I have checked the option and it is already enabled by default. Attached screenshot for reference.
This isn't the preference that i explain to check, re-read the answer ;)
You check the preference under "Account" section not in "Email" section, usually this option that i show you is removed from an attacker that has compromised the account.
As jjackob told you, if you are using an external client you need to check the client configuration.