error:unable to validate certificate chain

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
juanjose

error:unable to validate certificate chain

Postby juanjose » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:49 pm

good afternoon friends, I'm new here, my name is Juan and I'm from Paraguay, and it's a pleasure to be part of this forum, i have been using zimbra for 2 years, and it is the first time that I have a problem that I cannot solve, I have been trying for a week to find the solution but I cannot find it, I am worried because I need everything to work well.
always use this tutorial and it always works for me https://www.sbarjatiya.com/notes_wiki/i ... _in_Zimbra
now when doing /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm privkey.pem cert.pem combined.pem
I get this error= error: unable to validate certificate chain: cert.pem: c = us, o = let's encrypt, cn = r3 error 2 at 1 depth lookup:unable to get issuer certificate.

I never had any problem doing this, but it is the first time that I have this problem, I already looked everywhere for the solution, but I can't find anything, please help me friends, thanks

vettalex

Re: error:unable to validate certificate chain

Postby vettalex » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:52 pm

https://computingforgeeks.com/secure-zi ... rtificate/ and welcome ,
Try this:

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk
juanjose

Postby juanjose » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Thank you very much, that guide has worked for me, there was a problem with the root ca, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
aarayaa

Postby aarayaa » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:09 am

Hello everyone, I have the same problem. It shows me the following error.

** Verifying 'cert.pem' against 'chain.pem'
ERROR: Unable to validate certificate chain: cert.pem: C = US, O = Let's Encrypt, CN = R3
error 2 at 1 depth lookup:unable to get issuer certificate.

Here the issue is that a .CSR had been created in the administration console because a commercial certificate of payment would be used, but in the end it was impossible for us. Could it be affecting the Let's encrypt implementation?

Return to “Administrators”