Safe way to Erase Store Folder?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Javoherrera

Safe way to Erase Store Folder?

Post by Javoherrera »

Hi, I have the following issue

I have installed zimbra Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition. Delete an account from the GUI that weighed around 70 GB, deleting it did not free up the space inside the server; I did a search and found the folder that had these emails (opt / zimbra / store / 0/1322) but I don't know if I can simply delete the folder without damaging the system.

Is there a safe way to delete the folder? Any Suggestion?

Thanks & Regards,

sorry for my english
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Safe way to Erase Store Folder?

Post by phoenix »

The major problem you have is that your version of ZCS is very old and has bugs a vulnerabilities that mean it could be hacked. I'd suggest you get yourself onto the most recent version of ZCS as soon as possible.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Javoherrera

Post by Javoherrera »

phoenix wrote:The major problem you have is that your version of ZCS is very old and has bugs a vulnerabilities that mean it could be hacked. I'd suggest you get yourself onto the most recent version of ZCS as soon as possible.
If it is a fairly old version of zimbra, I am already working to build a new server with a more updated version.

the problem is that I no longer have a place to free up space, and those 70 GB will give me time to continue working with the new server. Do you know any method to free up that space?

greetings and thanks for your answer
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Zimbra does lazy writes for deleting blobs after deleting a mailbox, so it may take some time before you see an increase in free disk space.

You can always use the built-in tool (zmblobchk) to find “unexpected” blobs on disk (blobs on disk that aren’t referenced in MySQL) and delete them.

Hope that helps,
Mark
arsha

Post by arsha »

I am also facing the same problem.Is there any way to safe removal of files in this folder(/opt/zimbra/store).The disk space is contiuously getting exhausted
--> 4.3G db
--> 3.5G index
--> 275G store
--> 77M zmstat
these are the high usage folder.Please guide me as I am new to zimbra. Also Can you please suggest some ways to free space in server