ics files from Zimbra meeting invites aren't sent anymore

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
OlivierLambert

ics files from Zimbra meeting invites aren't sent anymore

Post by OlivierLambert »

Hi everyone!

So it seems to be a recent problem (few months tops?). If I create a Zimbra calendar meeting internally, there's no problem, people invited from my organization can accept/refuse the meeting, and it will be automatically added into the calendar.

But if I invited someone outside our organization to a meeting, I was pretty sure Zimbra sent an ICS with the invite email so the Gmail/outlook/whatever email user will be able to accept or decline.

It worked from a long time, but since few weeks or months (I couldn't say exactly), the invite is just an email without any ICS attached, so there's nothing to accept/refuse on Gmail and Outlook.

I have no idea why the behaviour changed, and despite some time to try to find previous posts/issues on this Zimbra, my Google Fu failed on me :( I don't know where to look.

Zimbra is fully up-to-date: Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_4007 (build 20210209202107). Running on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS.
OlivierLambert

Re: ics files from Zimbra meeting invites aren't sent anymore

Post by OlivierLambert »

So when I add an external email in the meeting planner, I got this in `mailbox.log`:

Code: Select all

2021-04-13 19:10:13,196 ERROR [qtp103536485-20555:https://mydomain.com/service/soap/GetFreeBusyRequest] [name=my.name@mydomain.com;mid=3;ip=xxx.xx.xxx.xx;port=42410;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF87 (Linux)/8.8.15_GA_4007;soapId=dd736f3;] fb - can't find free/busy provider for user external.user@gmail.com
Is that normal or could it be the root cause of my problem?

In any case, the gmail user (or any user outside Zimbra) won't have any ICS file anymore.