Migration centos 6+zimbra 8.0.6 to centos 8+zimbra 8.8.15

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
juan_cipolletti

Migration centos 6+zimbra 8.0.6 to centos 8+zimbra 8.8.15

Post by juan_cipolletti »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and in the world of zimbra, I'm doing a migration test before doing the productive thing, I'm testing with CLI commands, the accounts and domains and I migrated them, I only need mailbox content + signatures + filters + sub directory / properties. I also tried with Zextras test version and I have a problem when I import backup from a shared drive between the two by sshfs, it gives me an error of :

"JavaScript Exception: Error processing SOAP response: Server returned an error. at Unknown.Unknown ( UnknownFile, cannot be parsed:0 )"
juan_cipolletti

Re: Migration centos 6+zimbra 8.0.6 to centos 8+zimbra 8.8.15

juan_cipolletti wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum and in the world of zimbra, I'm doing a migration test before doing the productive thing, I'm testing with CLI commands, the accounts and domains and I migrated them, I only need mailbox content + signatures + filters + sub directory / properties. I also tried with Zextras test version and I have a problem when I import backup from a shared drive between the two by sshfs, it gives me an error of :

"JavaScript Exception: Error processing SOAP response: Server returned an error. at Unknown.Unknown ( UnknownFile, cannot be parsed:0 )"

looking at the notifications section of Zextras I found the following message .....
This is an automated notification from ZxBackup.
The operation couldn't be completed because you are trying to import data exported from another infrastructure.
This is not allowed while running in Trial Mode.
Please obtain and upload a valid ZeXtras Suite license in order to bypass this limitation.
For more information, please contact Zextras at trial@zextras.c
om
7224jobe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15_FOSS Patch38

Post by 7224jobe »

Hi, maybe it is an issue related to SSHFS. In Zextras documentation I found: "If using SSHfs to remotely mount the backup/import path, make sure to run the mount command as root using the -o allow_other option." Alternatively you could try using NFS, I had no problems with NFS and Zextras in the past.
juan_cipolletti

Hi 7224jobe and thanks for answering
effectively in the directory mount use ".... -o allow_other", but add the following notification to the ticket in the Zextras panel:

This is an automated notification from ZxBackup.
The operation couldn't be completed because you are trying to import data exported from another infrastructure.
This is not allowed while running in Trial Mode.
Please obtain and upload a valid ZeXtras Suite license in order to bypass this limitation.
For more information, please contact Zextras at trial@zextras.com

* Some mailbox migration script with their custom settings (filter + signatures + sub directories created and their content + etc + etc) would also serve me well.
7224jobe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15_FOSS Patch38

Post by 7224jobe »

For mail migrations (including folders and subfolders) I used Imapsync with good results. For signatures and filters you can use some scripts, for example: https://imanudin.net/2015/02/17/how-to- ... il-server/
juan_cipolletti

ok 7224jobe, I will test the script for the filters, now I need to solve the issue of the signature and in some cases sub folders of the mailbox and all its preferences / user customizations. There is no "extensive" script that includes everything at the mailbox level? .... because I have mailboxes to migrate .... Thank you very much
juan_cipolletti

Dear, I was able to solve the migration of attributes, properties, etc. of each mailbox with the help of the following link:https://soporte.itlinux.cl/hc/es/articl ... atributos-
now I would like some script that can move blocks of emails between dates, taking blocks of mailboxes, because there are 600 in total

regards,