Moving MTA to AWS

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
domadmin

Moving MTA to AWS

Post by domadmin »

I am about to migrate Zimbra from CentOS 7 to Amazon Linux on-prem, but I also need to breakout the MTA to run in AWS. The idea is to keep received emails in queue if the on-prem server loses internet connectivity.

Migrating from one server to another is easy enough. However, I am not finding documentation on migrating from a single server to multi-server. If I am just blind please feel free to link to the proper documentation.
domadmin

Re: Moving MTA to AWS

Post by domadmin »

I did find MTA under Global Settings. It looks like I can install the MTA service using the same install package as was used for the all in one installation, then come back to Global Settings and update with the new MTA. When I do this I can use a new mta hostname and simply add it. My question is how do I ensure secure communication between the two? I do not see any options for this, would those be on the MTA side during install?
domadmin

Re: Moving MTA to AWS

Post by domadmin »

Ah, I think I got it now.
http://docs.zimbra.com/docs/ne/5.0.19/m ... l.5.1.html

It appears that each time you install a server on a different host, it must connect back to the primary LDAP server. With this in mind it is probably best that I continue to break out some of these services for HA. To do that it looks like I could just add each new node, then take the old server offline.

If I am missing anything let me know. Otherwise I will update this thread with issues I run into.