Mark as spam. IMAP option

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
kdiamond

Mark as spam. IMAP option

Post by kdiamond »

Hi.

I see an option Mark as spam in WebGUI. I don't use WebGui but IMAP (Thunderbird).

Is there a way to have a similar option for IMAP clients. For example, when I manually move email to SPAM-Manual folder it gets marked as spam.

Any filter option, workaround? The Filter could be

If message moves to IMAP folder "Spam-Manual" mark it as spam.

Thank you

Br,
Dali
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Mark as spam. IMAP option

Post by phoenix »

The 'mark as spam' option doesn't actually do anything to the email other than move it to the Junk folder where it will get treated as spam by the anti-spam system you're using. The Junk folder is scanned on a regular basis for messages that have been moved there.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
kdiamond

Post by kdiamond »

Ahh yes, I was confusing JUNK with a SPAM folder that was there from before migration to ZIMBRA.

Now it makes perfect sense. So "mark as spam" is the same as if I move the email to JUNK folder using IMAP client.

Thank you
Br,
Dali
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

kdiamond wrote:Now it makes perfect sense. So "mark as spam" is the same as if I move the email to JUNK folder using IMAP client.
Yes, that's correct.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

kdiamond wrote:So "mark as spam" is the same as if I move the email to JUNK folder using IMAP client.
As long as you have setup your IMAP client so that the spam/junk folder in the client is the same that on the server/webmail.

You should not have a "junk" folder and a "spam" folder but a single folder (even if its name is different depending on the IMAP client - or its language).
kdiamond

Post by kdiamond »

Klug wrote:
kdiamond wrote: You should not have a "junk" folder and a "spam" folder but a single folder (even if its name is different depending on the IMAP client - or its language).
I deleted the Spam folder, now I only have a Junk folder.

Thank you!
kdiamond

Post by kdiamond »

phoenix wrote:Yes, that's correct.
Thank you!