Patch Reminder

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
gbillat
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Patch Reminder

Post by gbillat »

Nothing is more important to Zimbra than security. Zimbra addressed noted vulnerabilities in prior patches and urged customers to review their server configurations to prevent possible exploitation. To keep our customers secure, Zimbra always encourages customers keep current with patches. Zimbra releases patch information directly to partners and customers via our regular newsletters, website, and social posts, in addition to the wiki:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/8.8.15/P23
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/9.0.0/P16

Thanks!
Martinwiertz
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: V10 FOSS Intalio on Ubuntu20.04

Re: Patch Reminder

Post by Martinwiertz »

Hi gbillat.

Thanks for you info. I would like to obtain the patches. How do I proceed? (apt is not working)

I am using FOSS v9, P14.

Regards,
M
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I'm not sure you'd get it even if 'apt' was working. I have centos 7.9 plus ZCS 9 from ZEXTRAS and a check with dnf doesn't show any patches available, the ZEXTRAS version is built from the unmodified zimbra source code. It doesn't look good, does it? :roll: I'd be interested to hear if you get yours working.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Martinwiertz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Martinwiertz »

I'm running UBUNTU18.04 and Apt worked like a charme until the repos were empty. I think last May was the moment it stopped working. In short, it has always worked. On my Zimbra8.8.15 or on Zextras v9.
BradC
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by BradC »

Martinwiertz wrote:I am using FOSS v9, P14.
There's your problem. You're not a "customer". Zimbra doesn't care about the security of *your* system.
gbillat wrote:To keep our customers secure, Zimbra always encourages customers keep current with patches.
Martinwiertz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Martinwiertz »

BradC wrote:
Martinwiertz wrote:I am using FOSS v9, P14.
There's your problem. You're not a "customer". Zimbra doesn't care about the security of *your* system.
gbillat wrote:To keep our customers secure, Zimbra always encourages customers keep current with patches.

Check, I understand now and before. But Zimbra employees keep indicating there is support, patches are available. If not please communicate services are discontinued to FOSS users. Lack of communication is annoying.

Also why mentioning Github and DIY patching? I would like to investigate and do this myself with binaries. I don't know how.
Also I'll investigate another mailsolution.....
BradC
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by BradC »

Martinwiertz wrote:Check, I understand now and before. But Zimbra employees keep indicating there is support, patches are available. If not please communicate services are discontinued to FOSS users. Lack of communication is annoying.
I honestly don't think it's deliberate. See Hanlon's razor.

Communication has been a persistent issue since Synacor bought what was left after Telligent had its way with Zimbra as a product and tried to hammer a square peg into a hexagonal hole. I can't see it getting any better in the future.