IP in Ban of Spamhaus

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
GDA

IP in Ban of Spamhaus

Post by GDA »

Good afternoon. Once again, my IP address, on which the Zimbra mail is installed, gets banned from the Spamhaus list. Already several times I removed it from there through support. But the problem comes up again and again. They claim that we have an infection, check port 25 and so on. Please help with solving the problem, how you can look for a virus or find out about the infection on the server - Cent OS 7. Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_4018FOSS is installed inside.
Attachments
Spam from spamhouse.PNG
Spam from spamhouse.PNG (44.04 KiB) Viewed 4849 times
GDA

Re: IP in Ban of Spamhaus

Post by GDA »

This is how it looks in the server monitor.
Attachments
Spam..PNG
Spam..PNG (34.88 KiB) Viewed 4823 times
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Are you actually running a mail server on an unprotected public IP address? If you are that just asking for trouble. There are many ways you can find out if your server is infected, take a look at some of these articles on the internet, do a search with the following terms:

Code: Select all

check centos 7 for infections bots
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
GDA

Post by GDA »

The IP address was issued by the ISP. The IP is white. Separately installed virtual machine and running zimbra mail for office in ubuntu. How can I protect my IP?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I don't understand wht you mean by
GDA wrote:Separately installed virtual machine and running zimbra mail for office in ubuntu. How can I protect my IP?
Arte you telling me that you ZCS is behind a NAT router or is it on the Public IP? Please describe your configuration in more detail. In any case you should check that your ZCS is not an open relay, you can find details in the wiki or with an online check. You can also check if your server itself has been infected with some of the tools you'll find in the suggested search terms in my last post.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
GDA

Post by GDA »

I made a check check.smtp.bz.
There is a keenetic giga router - VM (virt machine) - CentOS 7-Zimbra .
Attachments
Open Relay.PNG
Open Relay.PNG (1.51 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
GDA

Post by GDA »

Good afternoon. Please help. Probably spam is being sent through our server. The length of the queue = 99 (https://skr.sh/sA69s0Thxmi?a), but in the Server Monitor, the mail queue is only 8 letters (https://skr.sh/sA6QMmlRToD?a). What can be done?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

You've given no information on your ZCS configuration with which anyone can help you. Zimbra, by default, is not an open relay. You need tell us what changes you've made to your server, specifically the 'mynetworks' setting. I'd also suggest you read some of the articles on the wiki about an 'open relay'.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
GDA

Post by GDA »

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 172.16.10.30/32
Open Relay is closed. But :shock:
https://skr.sh/s/180921/q84gv4w2
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

If the open relay is closed then you most likely have compromised account(s) on your ZCS server or there an infection on the ZCS server or one of your LAN PCs.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra