Zimbra Disaster Recovery

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bablimaity

Zimbra Disaster Recovery

Post by bablimaity »

Hi All,
We are using Zimbra 8.8.12_GA_3794.RHEL7_64.20190329045002 in our server successfully but unfortunately the server got crashed due to a hardware issue and we are unable to retrieve a backup of emails from the old server. However, we are able to boot the old OS in a rescue mode and able to copy the /opt/zimbra folder to a new server where we build the Zimbra with the latest 8.8.15_GA_3869.RHEL7_64.20190918004220.tgz. Could anyone please guide me to restore the old files to the new server from the backup of the crashed server? Any official document of Zimbra will help a lot.

Thanks
Babli Maity Sen
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra Disaster Recovery

Post by phoenix »

You'll find plenty of information in the wiki and these forums if you do an internet search for the words in the title of this thread.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
bablimaity

Post by bablimaity »

phoenix wrote:You'll find plenty of information in the wiki and these forums if you do an internet search for the words in the title of this thread.
Hi, phoenix thanks for your reply. I have checked the wiki of Zimbra about disaster recovery but I am struggling with a version mismatch. Is there any way to restore with different version?

Thanks
Babli Maity Sen
ianw1974
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by ianw1974 »

This should help: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/How_to_mov ... her_server

You have to install the same version on the new server that was on the old one. You can always upgrade later after the migration.