Incorrect mta_count data - How to fix it?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Mesut K

Incorrect mta_count data - How to fix it?

Post by Mesut K »

Update*
I figured out the data comes from /opt/zimbra/logger/. Depending on RRD File. In my case (mta_count) is on 2-20.rrd. But the case is, even if I fix the graph data, the polling will still be incorrect.

Hello there,

Version: Latest version.

A few days ago (12/02/2021), as a result of the compromise of a one of our user's password on our mail server, thousands of mails were tried to be sent via SOAP. (POST /service/upload?fmt=extended - POST /service/soap/SaveDraftRequest - POST /service/soap/SendMsgRequest)

The custom firewall in our server and the router prevented the sending of approximately 9000 e-mails by restricting the requests from the user within 1 minute and only 90 mail have been sent.

After clearing these e-mails from the system, and after the problem is fixed, the mta_count (message count) continues to increase every day, even if the system does not send mail. Have checked all log files during the times msg count increased, but there is no suspicious activity at all.

Please see image below;

Where does mta_count pull the data from and how can I fix those graphs? Is there anything I should do with zmstat folder?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.