Gmail drops emails. Our system has detected that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
nikola011

Gmail drops emails. Our system has detected that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail.

Post by nikola011 »

Hi Guys,

I have been problem with send mails to Gmail users 4 months. And mails is does not deliver. I got this error.

Our system has detected that this
message is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam
sent to Gmail, 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit
550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=Unso ... ssageError 550
5.7.1 for more information.

On email server is valid Letsencrypt Root X1 certificate.

Does anyone else had this problem? Does Google changed some rules in meantime?

Thanks a lot for help.

Best regards Nikola
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Gmail drops emails. Our system has detected that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail.

Post by phoenix »

You've given no details of your Zimbar setup - for instance: do you have valid SPF records, do you sign your email with DKIM, does it pass all the DMARC tests, are all your DNS internal (if behind NAT) and external correctly configured. Did you read the link that gmail gave you? Have you checked the headers on your rejected email to see if they're valid? You can find out how to perform all those checks on your email by doing some research on the internet and these forums.

You should always give the version of ZCS that you're using by posting the full output of the following command:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
nikola011

Re: Gmail drops emails. Our system has detected that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail.

Post by nikola011 »

Hi Bill,

Meanwhile while i was checking DNS, reverse DNS, DMARC, DKIM, Gmail has reduced the ban, and now messages go to gmail in spam folder.

This is good, no anymore discard mails.

I will check the mail server in more detail, and write if I find something new.

Thank you very much for your help and for joining the discussion.

Best regards
Nikola
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Hi

I'm glad you're making progress, well done. :)

You can always check the state of your email at google by clicking on the email and showing all the headers, copy them and feed them into one of the many siteson the internet that will check the status of your email and tell you if it's spam or any other problems it may have.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra