cbpolicy is not enforcing quota correctly

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Christovam

cbpolicy is not enforcing quota correctly

Post by Christovam »

Hello guys.
I need to allow a limited amount of email sending per hour. I implemented cbpolicyd and configured it to limit 100 emails per hour. I used Verdict Defer so that more than 100 emails go to the zimbra queue, but when I reach the limit of 100 emails they are not going to the queue and I get an error that I no longer have permission to send emails. Once the period has passed, shipping will resume as normal.
If I change the verdict to Hold the emails go to the queue but need to be released manually. Is this right.
If the verdict is reject or discart it works fine too.

I need to limit this to multiple domains in the same zimbra. Because some users send mass emails, which we end up on blacklists and etc..

I'm on the Zimbra 9 GA 4022 version.
If you can help me, because from what I've already reviewed the configuration is correct.
Thanks.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: cbpolicy is not enforcing quota correctly

Post by phoenix »

I don't use cbpolicyd but have you tried the 'quota' settings from this documentation:

https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/CBPolicyD_Management
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Christovam

Re: cbpolicy is not enforcing quota correctly

Post by Christovam »

Hi.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I re-implanted cbpolicyd again, but I still have the same symptom.
When choosing the DEFER option, it reaches the sending limit and stops sending.
I will attach some prints of the policies I created.
Is there any direct way in zimbra to limit the sending of emails per hour from each domain?