Relay per Domain

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
potemkin

Relay per Domain

Post by potemkin »

Have a nice day.
I use latest install of ZCS OpenSource.
In our company we have another mail server and by default all mail use internal smtp-server.
For the atchetecture reasons we want to send mail via external smtp.
For resolve my problem i tred to use this instraction https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Relay_per_Domain.
I don't have errors but ZCS ignore setting at relay_domain_conf and use internal smtp.
What i doing wrong?

[zimbra@mail conf]$ ls -l /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps.cf
-rw-r-----. 1 zimbra zimbra 47 May 17 15:24 /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps.cf
[zimbra@mail conf]$ cat /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps.cf
lmdb:/opt/zimbra/common/conf/relay_domain_conf
[zimbra@mail conf]$ ls -l /opt/zimbra/common/conf/relay_domain_conf
-rw-r-----. 1 zimbra zimbra 22 May 20 15:06 /opt/zimbra/common/conf/relay_domain_conf
[zimbra@mail conf]$ cat /opt/zimbra/common/conf/relay_domain_conf
@i-teco.ru 185.89.8.9
[zimbra@mail conf]$
potemkin

Re: Relay per Domain

Post by potemkin »

Really no ideas?
BradC
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by BradC »

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

potemkin wrote:I use latest install of ZCS OpenSource.
There is no such thing as the 'latest version' and you should always provide the full output of the following:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
Did you do an internet search before posting? If you searched for "zimbra relay per domain" you'd have found exactly what you need.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
andras0602
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Post by andras0602 »

potemkin wrote:Have a nice day.
I use latest install of ZCS OpenSource.
In our company we have another mail server and by default all mail use internal smtp-server.
For the atchetecture reasons we want to send mail via external smtp.
For resolve my problem i tred to use this instraction https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Relay_per_Domain.
I don't have errors but ZCS ignore setting at relay_domain_conf and use internal smtp.
What i doing wrong?

[zimbra@mail conf]$ ls -l /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps.cf
-rw-r-----. 1 zimbra zimbra 47 May 17 15:24 /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps.cf
[zimbra@mail conf]$ cat /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps.cf
lmdb:/opt/zimbra/common/conf/relay_domain_conf
[zimbra@mail conf]$ ls -l /opt/zimbra/common/conf/relay_domain_conf
-rw-r-----. 1 zimbra zimbra 22 May 20 15:06 /opt/zimbra/common/conf/relay_domain_conf
[zimbra@mail conf]$ cat /opt/zimbra/common/conf/relay_domain_conf
@i-teco.ru 185.89.8.9
[zimbra@mail conf]$
I have a feeling you want to relay not man-made emails, but maybe... device alerts, marketing emails, etc. Am I right?
In this case I would use not just a separate domain, but IP and server (postfix) too.
So when one of your node/device will get compromised, the normal, company emails trough Zimbra won't be blacklisted everywhere. But as you have a .ru domain + ip combo... the other parts of the world mostly blacklisted your whole subnet already so maybe it's not a big concern...
potemkin

Post by potemkin »

Did you read my first post?
This post have link to ZImbra Wiki with answer for my question.
But this solution don't work.
phoenix wrote:
potemkin wrote:I use latest install of ZCS OpenSource.
There is no such thing as the 'latest version' and you should always provide the full output of the following:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
Did you do an internet search before posting? If you searched for "zimbra relay per domain" you'd have found exactly what you need.
potemkin

Post by potemkin »

You are wrong. I about man-made mail.
Our mail servers locate in the same network.
If i trying to send mail to our second domain i see that Zimra-server use internal SMTP of our second domain. But we want send mail as if zimbra-server don't locate in our network.
For this I tried to use the article from my first topic.
andras0602 wrote:
I have a feeling you want to relay not man-made emails, but maybe... device alerts, marketing emails, etc. Am I right?
In this case I would use not just a separate domain, but IP and server (postfix) too.
So when one of your node/device will get compromised, the normal, company emails trough Zimbra won't be blacklisted everywhere. But as you have a .ru domain + ip combo... the other parts of the world mostly blacklisted your whole subnet already so maybe it's not a big concern...