Wrong Default Search Object on Login

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
pwalker42

Wrong Default Search Object on Login

Post by pwalker42 »

I (and my users) are experiencing an odd bug with the Web Client interface for ZCS 8.8.15_GA_4257 (build 20220324034943), where the search field in the top right defaults to the "Contacts" objects upon login rather than the "Mail" objects as I recall the interface used to.
We've been running 8.8.15 for a little while, so this change would have occurred only in the last few months after applying a patch, and I don't recall ever changing a setting that might have affected this.

See in the following screenshots how (after logging in) the interface defaults to searching my "Contacts", despite opening in to my mailbox.
search-after-signin.png
search-after-signin.png (33.96 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
If I select a folder in my mailbox, the search criteria will change appropriately, but the type will not.
search-after-select-mailfolder.png
search-after-select-mailfolder.png (40.93 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
Has anyone else experienced this behavior before? Is there an admin or per-user setting that controls this? Or is this a bug in the Web Client?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Re: Wrong Default Search Object on Login

Post by L. Mark Stone »

I would suggest opening a Support Case with Zimbra for this.

FWIW I have experienced this after applying Patch 31.1, but it's intermittent and after the first time it happens it doesn't seem to happen again, so not possible to reproduce reliably.

Hope that helps,
Mark
pwalker42

Post by pwalker42 »

Thanks for the suggestion Mark. I just opened a Support Case.

Just in case anyone else was curious, these were my steps for reproducing the error fairly reliably.
  • When I first log in to the web client (which defaults to starting on the Mail tab), the selected search objects are "Contacts", with search criteria that are correct for the select search objects.
  • Selecting a folder in the mailbox modifies the search criteria, but does not change the search object type.
  • Changing tabs (eg. Mail --> Contacts, or Mail --> Calendar, or Contacts --> Mail) changes the search object type correctly.
  • Upon "logging out and logging back in" or doing a "hard refresh (ctrl-shift-R)", the browser page will reload and default to starting me on the Mail tab with the search object type again set to "Contacts".
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

/AOL mode on
Us too
/AOL mode off

Some of our mailboxes encounter the issues.
Some other don't.
gabaker
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15_GA_3869.RHEL7_NETWORK P42

Post by gabaker »

Did you get an answer from support?

This bug is related to the same as I have reported: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=70785

Not just the object type for the search, but further, the selected tab switches to "Contacts" for all users that have shared contact folders. Does not happen for those without shared contacts.

I opened a Support case and Zimbra said the fix was going to be in 8.8.15 Patch 32. I looked at implementing the raw code fix, but it does not seem to work.
saket.patel
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by saket.patel »

Fix has been released as part of 8.8.15 Patch 32, you can upgrade to it.
gabaker

Post by gabaker »

saket.patel wrote:Fix has been released as part of 8.8.15 Patch 32, you can upgrade to it.
I just installed Patch 32 and rebooted my server and this issue STILL exists. Tried multiple browsers and users. Anyone with shared contacts still has this issue and also the CONTACTS tab gets selected immediately after login as I reported in my other post.
saket.patel
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by saket.patel »

is this a FOSS build or NW build? if NW build then please reach out to support team for investigating this issue
gabaker

Post by gabaker »

saket.patel wrote:is this a FOSS build or NW build? if NW build then please reach out to support team for investigating this issue
We are a NE customer and Case # is 01362964. Support response on 24 June 2022 is "Thank you for your patience. We need to test this at our test environment with latest patch. Please standby we will update you shortly."