I have a problem with imap NIO:zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError exceeded 5

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tomeks11

I have a problem with imap NIO:zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError exceeded 5

Post by tomeks11 »

I often have a problem with saving a sent message to the "sent" foder. Then I have a lot of messages in my logs:
2022-07-01 11:47:38,945 INFO [ImapSSLServer-183] [name=xxxx@xxx.com;mid=221;ip=;oip=;via=(nginx/1.20.0);ua=Thunderbird/91.8.0;cid=350486;] imap - IDLE elapsed=0 (NIO)
2022-07-01 11:47:38,945 ERROR [ImapSSLServer-183] [name=xxxx@xxx.com;mid=221;ip=;oip=;via=(nginx/1.20.0);ua=Thunderbird/91.8.0;cid=350486;] imap - NIO:zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError exceeded 5
2022-07-01 11:47:38,945 INFO [ImapSSLServer-183] [name=xxxx@xxx.com;mid=221;ip=;oip;via=(nginx/1.20.0);ua=Thunderbird/91.8.0;cid=350486;] imap - NIO:dropping connection for user xxxx@xxx.com (server-initiated)

There are several hundred such messages for one e-mail

Zimbra 8.8.15

Please help me
tomeks11

Re: I have a problem with imap NIO:zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError exceeded 5

Post by tomeks11 »

Does anyone know what this 'zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError' entry in log means? I found little on the internet.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

tomeks11 wrote:Does anyone know what this 'zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError' entry in log means? I found little on the internet.
Search the internet for the following terms:

Code: Select all

zimbra zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError nio
That will get you a wiki page that explains what it is and another page that may be a solution for your 'problem'.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
tomeks11

Post by tomeks11 »

I only found this old thread: viewtopic.php?t=62225

Is it a good idea to set zimbraInvalidLoginFilterMaxFailedLogin to 0?
darkfader

Post by darkfader »

phoenix wrote:
tomeks11 wrote:Does anyone know what this 'zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError' entry in log means? I found little on the internet.
Search the internet for the following terms:

Code: Select all

zimbra zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError nio
That will get you a wiki page that explains what it is and another page that may be a solution for your 'problem'.
Would it be possible that you hand out people a link to that Wiki page, and the other one that may be a solution, or at least to mention its title?

Why? the above search gives a few results, almost all of them being this thread.
Finally, https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/IMAP_NIO which is a non-certified community doc and does not link elsewhere.
The trace logging mentioned there only kicked in when I DISABLED NIO.

Searching for zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError by itself gives the impression that it is not documented at all.

Doing a grep -R in the jetty distribution under /opt/zimbra shows no file containing the string.

Except - of course - the logfiles containing the said error messages.

Setting zimbraInvalidLoginFilterMaxFailedLogin disables detection of bad logins.
While zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError is apparently triggered by XLIST errors after valid login in conjunction through thunderbird.
The weirdest thing is that zimbraImapMaxConsecutiveError seems not defined in attrs.xml. But where else?