Send email using external outgoing SMTP server for each user respectively.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tanmoyd

Send email using external outgoing SMTP server for each user respectively.

Post by tanmoyd »

Hi,

I am a new Zimbra user and installed Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.15 over docker.

We have used google workspace for emailing purposes, but we have decided that Zimbra will be our main UI from now on, and each user will send email using the Gmail SMTP server.

But I have faced an issue:
Zimbra fetches mails from external mail accounts (via POP3 or IMAP), but in addition, I would like to send emails "from" these external accounts.
So I have set "smtp.gmail.com" as an outgoing mail server in Zimbra MTA with a Gmail user authentication.
But when each user sends mail, all mail is reached with the same SMTP authentication set in Zimbra MTA.

Please guide how to send email using each user's external mail accounts and respective SMTP servers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Send email using external outgoing SMTP server for each user respectively.

Post by phoenix »

I'm not sure about this but I doubt that gmail would allow you to relay business(?) mail at no cost. I'd suggest you search the internet for a (free) mail relay service or one at a low cost if this is a business server you have. There are wiki instructions on how to set-up a mail relay server, I'd suggest you read those and some of the forum threads on the topic.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra