Help with GAL sharing to all domains

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
GlooM
Advanced member
Advanced member

Help with GAL sharing to all domains

Post by GlooM »

Hello!

My mail server has 3 domains - domain1.com (default domain); domain2.com and domain3.com. I want everyone to be able to see each other's gal

After reading the documentation, I made the following settings on server:

su - zimbra
zmprov mcf zimbraGalInternalSearchBase ROOT
zmprov mcf zimbraGalSyncInternalSearchBase ROOT
And reboot server

However, the result is very strange. Users with a mailbox in domain1.com (default domain) began to see everyone (all users from all domains). But users with a mailbox in domain 2 and 3 still work only with internal account lists.

What have I done wrong?

P.S. zmcontrol -v
Release 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.15_P31.1.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Re: Help with GAL sharing to all domains

Post by L. Mark Stone »

GlooM wrote:Hello!

My mail server has 3 domains - domain1.com (default domain); domain2.com and domain3.com. I want everyone to be able to see each other's gal

After reading the documentation, I made the following settings on server:

su - zimbra
zmprov mcf zimbraGalInternalSearchBase ROOT
zmprov mcf zimbraGalSyncInternalSearchBase ROOT
And reboot server

However, the result is very strange. Users with a mailbox in domain1.com (default domain) began to see everyone (all users from all domains). But users with a mailbox in domain 2 and 3 still work only with internal account lists.

What have I done wrong?

P.S. zmcontrol -v
Release 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.15_P31.1.
You've probably done nothing wrong. The default GAL refresh interval is one day. Force a refresh of each domain's galsync accounts and I suspect you will see the desired behavior.
GlooM
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Help with GAL sharing to all domains

Post by GlooM »

Yes! Thank you!
After one day, domains 2 and 3 began to see the address books of each other and domain 1. I was a little confused that domain1 saw 2 and 3 instantly after setting it up!