mail receiving issue

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tehseen

mail receiving issue

Post by tehseen »

Greetings to All,

I've just install and configure zimbra on my new server. I'm already using office 360 of microsoft for same domain mydomain.com . Now I've added ipv4?:x.x.x.x of my new server into domain dns along with microsoft office spf record. set new mx mail.mydomain.com with value 5 and microsoft with 0 .

Iusse is I can send email but those emails sent to junk althoug I do have published dkim,darc set for new mail server zimbra

2nd_issue: I'm unable to receive any email back , is it due to primary mail is set to microsoft ? and using same domain?

All I want my new zimbra up and running fine then transfer all users here on zimbra. I'd appreciate your kind response.

Regards
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: mail receiving issue

Post by phoenix »

If you intend to move from Microsoft to Zimbra what you'll need is a Split Domain, search the wiki and forum (plus the internet) for details on how to achieve it.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
tehseen

Post by tehseen »

Can you provide me some more information or how to , this is what exactly Im looking for.

Old_Server_Mail_Microsoft

New_server_zimbra_mail

splitdomain is some thing similar I may be looking for. Both server are different hosting provider but only domain is same Im gonna use so that I may migrate all usder from old to new with out any issue.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

tehseen wrote:splitdomain is some thing similar I may be looking for. Both server are different hosting provider but only domain is same Im gonna use so that I may migrate all users from old to new with out any issue.
That is exactly what you're looking for. Go to the wiki and search that and the forums for the word "split domain", it's really not that difficult. You could also use the same search on the internet and add 'zimbra' to it and see what turns up. ;0
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra