Zimbra 9.0 P24 To P26 upgrade - aliases showing in Gal

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
AlexGoGo

Zimbra 9.0 P24 To P26 upgrade - aliases showing in Gal

Post by AlexGoGo »

Hi There,

I updated my server from Zimbra 9.0 P24 to P26, now all the aliases are showing in Gal and autocomplete when writing emails. Anyone else had this issue with Zimbra 9 P26 patch?

Server: Ubuntu 18.04
Zimbra 9.0 P26

Thanks,

Alex
AlexGoGo

Re: Zimbra 9.0 P24 To P26 upgrade - aliases showing in Gal

Post by AlexGoGo »

updated to P29, still have same issue, anyone else having this issue? Zimbra support is unable to help, they tried everything...
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Zimbra 9.0 P24 To P26 upgrade - aliases showing in Gal

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

We have 8.8.15 P36 and it exhibits the same behaviour so it is certainly looks like something has changed.

Interestingly, in the admin tool, if I go into Manage it shows
Accounts 63 (from multiple domains)
Aliases 46
Distribution Lists 27
Resources 2

but, if I go into just one domain, our primary one, using Configure->Domain->DomainName it shows
Accounts 115

This number of accounts is greater than the total number of accounts provisioned on the system.

If you click on Accounts there it displays it's list of 115 "Accounts" and it is clear that whatever query they are using in this part of the admin tool is pulling in every alias and distribution list for the domain and classifying them as an "account". It would seem that the GAL lookup is behaving the same way.

PS: Just spotted this is my 1000th post :)