zimbra proxy and multiservers with different domain name

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
gostcomp

zimbra proxy and multiservers with different domain name

Post by gostcomp »

Hello everyone,

I was given a job to do.
In our datacenter we have two zimbra servers of our clients under different domain names for example
zimbra-mail-server.domain1
zimbra-mail-server.domain2

I would like to put a proxy server in front of these servers which, depending on the domain indicated in the e-mail, will direct the message to the appropriate server.
------ zimbra-mail-server.domain1
internet ---|--- zimbra-proxy |
----- zimbra-mail-server.domain2

So that both servers go out to the Internet with the same IP address.

Does Zimbra Proxy have this functionality?
Because in zimbra proxy I can indicate one LDAP server, and in my case I would need to indicate two LDAP servers.

Is it possible to implement such a solution using zimbra proxy?

Regards
Gostcomp
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Re: zimbra proxy and multiservers with different domain name

Post by Klug »

Hello

You should read the documentation.

This is the standard use of zimbra-proxy: you can define one FQDN per domain and have a different SSL certificate per domain (for https-pop3s-imap4s).
On a single IP thanks to SNI. https://www.zimbra.com/business-email-c ... s/ssl-sni/
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Re: zimbra proxy and multiservers with different domain name

Post by L. Mark Stone »

gostcomp wrote:Hello everyone,

I was given a job to do.
In our datacenter we have two zimbra servers of our clients under different domain names for example
zimbra-mail-server.domain1
zimbra-mail-server.domain2

<snip>
You don't say if these two servers are part of a single Zimbra LDAP realm, or if they are totally separate.

A multi-server Zimbra farm can have only one LDAP realm, so perhaps consider building a new Zimbra multi-server environment with a single Zimbra proxy server in front if these two servers are indeed totally separate. (Zimbra was architected to be multi-tenant capable from its inception.) You'd then just need to migrate mailboxes from each of the two existing servers to the new environment.

Alternatively, if one of the two separate servers is running a current supported version of Zimbra, you could expand that into a multi-server environment and then just migrate mailboxes from what will become the orphaned existing Zimbra server.

Hope that helps.