Zimbra and Exchange Setup with same domain

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
k_k

Post by k_k »

Hi,
From last 3 years we are using Zimbra open source edition for internal user's mail communication and Exchange for our customer. Now management is planning that we should go for zimbra network edition to serve mail service to customer. So in future MAPI request will get served from Exchange and IMAP and POP3 requests will get serve by Zimbra..

Now in this case domain should be same for Exchange and Zimbra and both should be in primary mode for respetive users base on client protocol.
I searched on internet to get details to setup such configuration but not getting any straight forward solution. Can anyone please help to provide some clarity on the configuration part at DNS and MTA level.

Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="k_k"]So in future MAPI request will get served from Exchange and IMAP and POP3 requests will get serve by Zimbra.[/QUOTE]The scenario you're proposing doesn't make sense.
[quote user="k_k"]Now in this case domain should be same for Exchange and Zimbra and both should be in primary mode for respetive users base on client protocol.[/QUOTE]Not possible if you have the same users on both servers or am I misunderstanding something here?
[quote user="k_k"]I searched on internet to get details to setup such configuration but not getting any straight forward solution.[/QUOTE]That's hardly surprising.
[quote user="k_k"]Can anyone please help to provide some clarity on the configuration part at DNS and MTA level. [/QUOTE]What is the point of installing ZCS Network Edition and maintaining and Exchange server for Outlook users and IMAP/POP on a ZCS server?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra