[Solved] zmstat.out growing to 20+ gb in size

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sangamc
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sangamc »

The only contents of the zmstat.out file is:
Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmstat-nginx line 118.
I have a multiserver setup and this is my MTA / Proxy server. I have already searched the forums and google for this specific error and most of the threads suggest upgrading to the latest version since this was a bug from zimbra 6. The problem is I am already using the latest version of zimbra. Does anyone have any pointers as to what may be causing this. Other than my /opt folder filling up completely, the server works perfectly
[zimbra@mta32 ~]$ zmcontrol -v

Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.RHEL6_64_20120410002025 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition.
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

Look Bug 73651 – Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmstat-allprocs line 118.
ccelis
sangamc
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sangamc »

Good Stuff!!
I am not to enthusiastic about modifying the perl script (not my strength) But i may manually create a new log rotation so that i zeros out when the file size goes above a specified value.
Thanks for your help
sangamc
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sangamc »

Turns out this file is already included in the logrotate.d/zimbra config. Ill have to do some more trouble shooting to determine why it does not rotate and grows so big!!
Thanks again
sangamc
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sangamc »

I was never able to find out why just the zmstat log would not rotate. Ended up using a cronjob to cat /dev/null > /opt/zimbra/zmstat/zmstat.log. all other logs rotate fine, jst this one :(