ZCS Network Edition update

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
chul

Post by chul »

Hi!

We have several servers with ZCS Network Edition 6.0.9 ( Release 6.0.9_GA_2686.RHEL5_20101115224226 CentOS5 NETWORK edition.) running on Centos 5.8 i386 (2.6.18-308.1.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 04:17:30 EST 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux )
Could anybody tell me what we need to upgrade these servers to newest version (maybe 7.2.0?). Do I need to find my license keys? How can I download the new version?
Thanks!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="chul"]Could anybody tell me what we need to upgrade these servers to newest version (maybe 7.2.0?).[/QUOTE]Read the Release Notes, you'll find full details in there.
[quote user="chul"]Do I need to find my license keys?[/QUOTE]Possibly.
[quote user="chul"]How can I download the new version? [/QUOTE]Go to the Downloads page on this website.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

Speaking as a FOSS user here, so take that for what it's worth. My first suggestion would be to read the Release Notes for 7.2. In general you can make several version jumps when you upgrade Zimbra, including full version jumps (ie 6.0.x to 7.x). Occasionally there are intermediate upgrades required, so hence my suggestion to read the notes first. Again, being a FOSS user I am not 100% sure, but if you are doing an in-place upgrade, and not moving to a new server, I don't believe you will need the license keys.
To download the latest version typically you would just go to the "Downloads" link at the top of any of the Zimbra pages. However, for some reason it appears the NE downloads are a little trickier to find at the moment, so here's the link: ZCS NE Downloads
Of course as with any software update, especially Zimbra, make sure you have a good backup prior to attempting any upgrades.
chul

Post by chul »

Thanks a lot! I've updated Open Source earlier, but maybe there are some specific things to know. I'll read the docs and of course will create a backup. Thanks again.