Zimbra without postfix

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Ninux

Zimbra without postfix

Post by Ninux »

Hello,
Im verify my zimbra after received the message "554 5.7.1 : Relay access denied".
I search on forum and the problem normaly is genereted by the service postfix running out off zimbra, but this not is my case.
In my case im not have the service postfix out of zimbra or in zimbra.
I dont have the directory /opt/zimbra/postfix
Any idea?
Thanks
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra without postfix

Post by soxfan »

Sorry, but pretty confusing post. Postfix is part of the Zimbra install. If you are running ZCS and don't have /opt/zimbra/postfix then something is wrong with your installation, whether it was done intentionally or not.
Ninux

Zimbra without postfix

Post by Ninux »

Replying your question, I don't did installed the zimbra, I assumed the server running.
I think something is very wrong, and realy I don't have /opt/zimbra/postfix and I don't have the postfix service installed out of zimbra.
I appreciate a idea of install postfix without a new install of zimbra.
Is possible copy the directory /opt/zimbra/postfix from other zimbra to this?

This is possible?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra without postfix

Post by phoenix »

I'm afraid you need to explain your problem in more detail, it's difficult to understand what you've actually done and what you're trying to achieve.
[quote user="Ninux"]Replying your question, I don't did installed the zimbra, I assumed the server running.[/QUOTE]You said earlier:
[quote user="Ninux"]Im verify my zimbra after received the message "554 5.7.1 : Relay access denied".[/QUOTE]Does "verify my zimbra" mean that you have installed Zimbra or that you haven't installed Zimbra server?
[quote user="Ninux"]I think something is very wrong, and realy I don't have /opt/zimbra/postfix and I don't have the postfix service installed out of zimbra.[/QUOTE]You won't have that directory unless Zimbra is installed.
[quote user="Ninux"]I appreciate a idea of install postfix without a new install of zimbra.[/QUOTE]If you install Zimbra (or have already installed it) then you do not need to install postfix, ZCS comes with it's own version of postfix.
[quote user="Ninux"]Is possible copy the directory /opt/zimbra/postfix from other zimbra to this?[/QUOTE]Which "other zimbra" are you talking about?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Ninux

Zimbra without postfix

Post by Ninux »

Sorry, i will explain in more details.
My problem is "I don't can send mails from webmail", wen I try, I receive the error "554 5.7.1 : Relay access denied", but emails sent by outlook or thunderbird no have problems.
After search on forum I found many posts saying these problem is caused by the another process of postfix running out of zimbra or mynetworks conf is wrong.
When I executed the command "postconf mynetworks" on zimbra ( logged with zimbra user) and I receive the error "/opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf: command not found".
The directory /opt/zimbra/postfix doesn't exist.
I didn't installed this zimbra, I assumed the server on operation.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra without postfix

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Ninux"]Sorry, i will explain in more details.
My problem is "I don't can send mails from webmail", wen I try, I receive the error "554 5.7.1 : Relay access denied", but emails sent by outlook or thunderbird no have problems.
After search on forum I found many posts saying these problem is caused by the another process of postfix running out of zimbra or mynetworks conf is wrong.
When I executed the command "postconf mynetworks" on zimbra ( logged with zimbra user) and I receive the error "/opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf: command not found".
The directory /opt/zimbra/postfix doesn't exist.
I didn't installed this zimbra, I assumed the server on operation.[/QUOTE]Post the output of the following commands (run on the Zimbra server):
su - zimbra

zmcontrol -v

zmcontrol statusThe first command will just get you to the Zimbra user, it's the output of the second and third command that's important.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Ninux

Zimbra without postfix

Post by Ninux »

follows the output of commands:

zimbra@mail07:~$ zmcontrol -v

Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.

zimbra@mail07:~$ zmcontrol status

Host mail07.vm10.com.br

ldap Running

mailbox Running

spell Running

stats Running

zmconfigd Running

Thanks
Ninux

Zimbra without postfix

Post by Ninux »

I solved the problem.
In my structure, we use a external smtp (MTA) and the ip of my server is not listed on mynetworks from that smtp server.
After of I add the ip in mynetworks the emails are sent.
Thank you for your help!!