Convincing people to migrate

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sahuguet

Post by sahuguet »

Hi,
I am trying to convince people from my organization to migrate to Zimbra.

The big pushback is not so much the migration or getting used to a new tool.
The big pushback is how a user will be able to "interact" with her management if the management does not move to Zimbra.

One critical feature seems to be calendering and especially meeting scheduling.
Is there a way to have access to free/busy information from a non Zimbra user?

Is there a way to have access from Exchange to Zimbra users's free busy info?
regards,
Arnaud
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Both of these are on the roadmap. At this time you can invite others outside of Zimbra but there is no free/busy integration.
inzanix

Post by inzanix »

I have been looking at the scheduling of meetings and coordinating this activity with the corporate Exchange activity. I have, so far, found the following:

1. inviting a zimbra user from outlook allows the zimbra user to accept the meeting

2. inviting an outlook user from zimbra provides the outlook user the options to accept, tentativ and decline. But attempting to select one of these options results in the message 'unable to perform the operation'

3. adding an outlook user to meeting already scheduled in zimbra informs the user of the meeting but does not allow him to accept or decline (i.e. he only receives a simple e-mail)

I am not sure if these are known issues, problems with my configuration or whatever, but was curious to know whether anybody else had similar experiences and how they dealt with them.
Thanks
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

What version are you running?
inzanix

Post by inzanix »

I installed from the zcs-3.0.0_M2_746.FC4