Problem with zmtrainsa

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by phoenix »

I used zmtrainsa without problems in the last release of Zimbra, now it throw up errors.
If I use zmtrainsa (with a correct host/user/password/spam/folder from the zimbra account I get the following errors:
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa: line 56: /opt/zimbra/.fetchmailrc: No such file or directory

chmod: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/.fetchmailrc': No such file or directory

Enter password for bpye@chinook:

fetchmail: lock creation failed.

config: configuration file "/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin/20_body_tests.cf" requires version 3.000004 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version 3.001000. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old config files? Skipping this file at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 342.
It produces one error line for each file in the conf folder.
Has this been changed in this release, It is possible that I may have updated a cpan spamassassin module would this cause the problem?
Regards

Bill
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by marcmac »

This is a permissions issue - when we dropped IPtables and went to an all-sudo approach, we set /opt/zimbra to root ownership for security reasons.
Fetchmail is trying to write .fetchmailrc in /opt/zimbra - you can bypass this error by touching the file (as root) and chowning it to zimbra
Another error will then show up, though - fetchmail can't create lock file. I haven't figured out how to force it to create the lock in /tmp, instead of ${HOME} - so the only workaround I've got so far is:
su - root

chown zimbra /opt/zimbra

su - zimbra

zmtrainsa ...

su - root

chown root /opt/zimbra
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by marcmac »

Ok, I've taken another look, and have a fix.
Update zmtrainsa to use a different fetchmailrc by changing these lines.
echo "server $SERVER user $USER@$SERVER password $PASS keep" > ${zimbra_home}/conf/.fetchmailrc

chmod 600 ${zimbra_home}/conf/.fetchmailrc
export HOME=${zimbra_home}/conf # Add this line
/usr/bin/fetchmail -f ${zimbra_home}/conf/.fetchmailrc -n -a -u $USER $FOLDER -m "${zimbra_home}/bin/sa-learn -p ${zimbra_home}/conf/salocal.cf --dbpath ${zimbra_home}/amavisd/.spamassassin/ --no-sync --showdots -L --${MODE}" ${SERVER}

# This line is unchanged

${zimbra_home}/bin/sa-learn -p ${zimbra_home}/conf/salocal.cf --dbpath ${zimbra_home}/amavisd/.spamassassin/ --sync

rm -f ${zimbra_home}/conf/.fetchmailrc
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by phoenix »

Thanks for that, it works a treat although I still get the errors about the code version being wrong:

reading message emailaddress[at]none.com :1 of 4 (1922 header octets) . (467 body octets) .config: configuration file "/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin/20_body_tests.cf" requires version 3.000004 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version 3.001000. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old config files? Skipping this file at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 342.

Is it my cpan spamassassin update causing this?
Regards
Bill
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
JoshuaPrismon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by JoshuaPrismon »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Thanks for that, it works a treat although I still get the errors about the code version being wrong:

reading message emailaddress[at]none.com :1 of 4 (1922 header octets) . (467 body octets) .config: configuration file "/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin/20_body_tests.cf" requires version 3.000004 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version 3.001000. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old config files? Skipping this file at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 342.

Is it my cpan spamassassin update causing this?
Regards
Bill[/QUOTE]
Yep. I ran into the same thing. If you upgrade your version of SpamAssassin to the newest version, some of the rules in zimbra are hardcoded with a older version requirement. I just removed the offending line and things seemed to work.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by marcmac »

You can copy your conf files to /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin to get past this, most likely. (I'm not sure where CPAN puts them.)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by phoenix »

Thanks to you both for that, I'll dig around and see what the files have got in them and where the new ones are.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
johndevine

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by johndevine »

Hi Marc
Again a bit confused ....sorry for the ignorance at this stage, which conf files should i replace? :confused:
Many thanks for your time
JD
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by phoenix »

Hi
A lot of the files in this directory /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin have this entry in them 'require_version 3.000004' (I'm afraid you'll have to check them all) - just comment it out or remove it and the problem goes away. :)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
johndevine

Problem with zmtrainsa

Post by johndevine »

Many Thanks Phoenix
By the way...there does not seem to be many rules in this sa....is this normal?
JD