Enforcing Mail Policies

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
skannan

Enforcing Mail Policies

Post by skannan »

Hi,
We have certain mail policies in our MS exchange server. I am trying to migrate the users from exchange to Zimbra. The following are some of the configuration issues where we need some inputs.
1. We have certain group of users who are not allowed to send mails to other domains

2. We have certain group of users who are allowed to send mails to certain specified domains

3. We have certain group of users who are allowed to send mails to all domains.
We are currently handling the above through groups in Exchange
How do we configure such a situation in zimbra
Thanks in advance
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Enforcing Mail Policies

Post by 14319KevinH »

We don't have integrated support for this today. Postfix can achieve this with sender restrictions.

We">http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# ... strictions
We plan on adding this type of support to our config in the future.
skannan

Enforcing Mail Policies

Post by skannan »

Hi any updates on this feature?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Enforcing Mail Policies

Post by phoenix »

The easiest thing to do is to file an enhancement request in bugzilla, that way Zimbra can track users requests. Don't forget to vote on it and search to see if it's been erequested already.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
skannan

Enforcing Mail Policies

Post by skannan »

I try and put the restrictions as mentioned in postfix documentation in http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# ... strictions, but the problem is whatever i write in main.cf gets overwritten when zimbra is restarted. I have checked in this forum, there were some mention about main.cf.in, but the same is said does not exists!
Any clue as to how to write your additional rules in main.cf so that we can implement the mail policies as indicated
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Enforcing Mail Policies

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="skannan"]I try and put the restrictions as mentioned in postfix documentation in http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# ... strictions, but the problem is whatever i write in main.cf gets overwritten when zimbra is restarted. I have checked in this forum, there were some mention about main.cf.in, but the same is said does not exists!
Any clue as to how to write your additional rules in main.cf so that we can implement the mail policies as indicated[/QUOTE]

We have LDAP attrs that will persist settings like this. Try:
zmprov gac
To see a list.
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Enforcing Mail Policies

Post by bobby »

i think that's "zmprov gacf" (getAllConfig)
skannan

Enforcing Mail Policies

Post by skannan »

I havent tested the same.. but right now i manged to enforce the same using an edge mta which filters the rules using potfix main.cf file.
However i am faced with one more issue on the policies

1. Web mail access is ok from internal network, but only to select users from external network

2. Same kind of rules need to be put for other mail clients like outlook etc.
The problem is i am pitching this against Ms Exchange and these settings are pretty simple to setup in exchange. I want to demonstrate that this is possible in Zimbra also
Any ideas on how to approach this issue?
Kannan