duplicate email issue

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

duplicate email issue

Post by 14319KevinH »

Matt, Thanks for the follow-up. Any more feedback in general on how Zimbra is working for you?
632pbruna
Advanced member
Advanced member

duplicate email issue

Post by 632pbruna »

using the version zimbra-core-3.1.3 of zimbra (on RHEL4) i have this same duplicated problem
TMcG

duplicate email issue

Post by TMcG »

Have just upgraded to 4.5.4, well a week ago, and have started to see this dupe email issue using IMAP & Entourage clients.
Release 4.5.4_GA_763.RHEL4_20070326134650 RHEL4 FOSS edition
Any specific logs I should be examining for cause ?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

duplicate email issue

Post by phoenix »

There's some information earlier in this thread about logging and what to do to check they are actually duplicates, have you tried that?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
TMcG

duplicate email issue

Post by TMcG »

Did the msgtrace part, no dupes but, as it says, that'll only show in the web client right ?
Haven't enabled imap logging yet, will do that
TMcG

duplicate email issue

Post by TMcG »

[quote user="17224bobby"]you may not see enough in the logs until you enable extra logging for pop and imap:
in the file /opt/zimbra/conf/log4j.properties

add one or both of these:

log4j.logger.zimbra.pop=DEBUG

log4j.logger.zimbra.imap=DEBUG
right after this line*:

log4j.logger.zimbra=ERROR,SYSLOG
then restart tomcat and look in /opt/zimbra/log/zimbra.log. you can send that log to me and i will take a look ;)

* n.b: you might have a different log level for this line like log4j.logger.zimbra=INFO[/QUOTE]
Couple of questions as I think this info may be a little dated.
If the log4j.logger.zimbra entry is =INFO, should that be changed to SYSLOG to enable logging ?
And the log is now in /var/log/zimbra.log, correct ?
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

duplicate email issue

Post by bobby »

INFO is the log level.
/var/log/zimbra.log is the mta/system-status log (you could review message delivery here if the duplicates were showing up in the web client also).
the tomcat mailbox log (where the pop/imap logging will be) is now /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log
vandehey
Advanced member
Advanced member

duplicate email issue

Post by vandehey »

Hello, I don't really have a bunch to add, but I have the exact same problem. I'm running IMAP over SSL (993), Zimbra 4.5.3. I created an IMAP profile yesterday in Entrouage. It imported my message list correctly (3000 messages were fine). I left my email client running overnight. When I came in this morning, I had dupes (3 copies) of all my new (unread) messages. I have run the 'update message list' command in Entourage, it's no help.
-Jeff
ftoniolo

duplicate email issue

Post by ftoniolo »

Hi! I'm the same problem, but both sender and recipient using the zimbra's ajax web interface. For example, today I sent a message to other internal account and it duplicates my message. I saw in my sent items and was 2 equals messages. I looked for the Message-ID in the /var/log/zimbra.log and it appears just one time. Very strange! I'm using zimbra version 5.0.5_GA_2201.RHEL5.FOSS in a production environment. Please help!
fulvio.palma

duplicate email issue

Post by fulvio.palma »

Hi.
I have a similar problem with my Zimbra but when it happened I thought it could be caused by a double installation (the first broken, the second ok) of "RR Plugin".
My "remote" users receive their (duplicate) email on external personal accounts (gmail and others, webmail or client, POP or IMAP ...), automatically forwarded by Zimbra.
Before the installation of this plugin we didn't see any duplicate email problem.
I don't know if forwarding was enabled before or after the plugin installation, so I'm not sure about relation between "RR" plugin and duplicate email.
What do you think about this? Are you (all) using this plugin?
Thanks in advance.
Fulvio
PS: sorry for my bad english