Seeking support to migrate from Exim + Horde + Apache + MySQL + Kerberos to Zimbra NE

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mmoonshi

Seeking support to migrate from Exim + Horde + Apache + MySQL + Kerberos to Zimbra NE

Post by mmoonshi »

Hello everyone,
I am supporting a client whom is upgrading their existing email server with more than 300 mailboxes using Exim + Horde + Apache + MySQL + Kerberos to Zimbra Network Edition.
Questions:

1) Are there any Zimbra or external tools, utilities or scripts to automate the migration of user accounts and mailboxes to Zimbra NE?
2) Does anyone have any pre-deployment checklist so that I can do a trial migration to ensure success of the migration?
Thank you for your replies. I promise to write a HOWTO Guide and share it with everyone if I can get support on the above-mentioned questions.
Regards,

Moonshi
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Moonshi,
Don't cross post. Please pick either email or forums for your support requests. We have a relatively small team so if you'd like to use the forums do so but don't also email us the same questions.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Hi Moonshi,
Do you have your own server from which you host these? It shouldn't be that difficult to set something up.
I think it's best to have a Zimbra dedicated server, and another server covering everything else.
Horde (correct me if I'm wrong) is just a front end. Zimbra has its own front end, so you shouldn't need Horde anymore.
Zimbra uses it's own flavor of apache, so once again, its good to have your own dedicated server for other things, unless you want to change httpd's default port. . .and run another instance.
The great thing about mysql is the ability to have multiple schema's. I don't see any reason you couln't migrate your existing mysql database to Zimbra. Although, this depends on your zimbra host machines specs.

Hope this helps.