openLDAP replica

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sleepkreep

openLDAP replica

Post by sleepkreep »

Hello all, I'm trying to set up a Zimbra server that monitors my current openLDAP for changes. Currently I have an openLDAP server for users on the network. I have Zimbra using that for authentication. I do not want to have to add a new user to Zimbra everytime I add a user to my main LDAP server. So I tried to set up Zimbra to replicate the main LDAP using the instructions on the wiki. But it didn't work because, I think, that can only be done if the master LDAP is a ZCS LDAP. Is there any way this can be accomplished?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

openLDAP replica

Post by 14319KevinH »

If you can detect a last update date then you could just ldapsearch ldapadd the changes.
sleepkreep

openLDAP replica

Post by sleepkreep »

I think I read somewhere that you guys were planning an auto-add user feature in the next release. Is that true, and if it is, how does it work?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

openLDAP replica

Post by 14319KevinH »

It would just look in th external LDAP server and if it gets a match then add the user.
jorgemop

openLDAP replica

Post by jorgemop »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]It would just look in th external LDAP server and if it gets a match then add the user.[/QUOTE]
Hi, now in zcs 8.0, its the same process?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

openLDAP replica

Post by phoenix »

You should not add your questions to threads that are eight years old, please do not do this again.
[quote user="jorgemop"]Hi, now in zcs 8.0, its the same process?[/QUOTE]Have you looked in the Product Documentation or Release Notes (or even the wiki or a forum search) on the subject of auto-provisioning?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
jorgemop

openLDAP replica

Post by jorgemop »

thanks

maybe if you helped me when you ask 3 months, I had not done.

Sorry did not know i could not do that, when performing the procedure, i close and answer the threads