Spam database reset

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
shankwc
Advanced member
Advanced member

Spam database reset

Post by shankwc »

I've been having a spam problem and was advised that I may need to delete my spam filter databases and start over. I searched this forum for instructions on this, but wasn't able to find anything. I'm sure this is probably easy to do, but I find that Zimbra is tempermental (like why won't the logger components run for the last 2 days?) and I don't want to seriously mess it up.
What are the steps I need to take get properly delete the spam database(s)? Should I empty them or blow them away completely? How do they get recreated?
Thanks
rsharpe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Spam database reset

Post by rsharpe »

shankwc
Advanced member
Advanced member

Spam database reset

Post by shankwc »

I saw this. I guess I was just hoping for something more specific. i didn't want to assume I know exactly which files to delete. so i was afraid i'd delete too much or not enough.
andreychek
Advanced member
Advanced member

Spam database reset

Post by andreychek »

[quote user="shankwc"]I saw this. I guess I was just hoping for something more specific. i didn't want to assume I know exactly which files to delete. so i was afraid i'd delete too much or not enough.[/QUOTE]

I, erm, haven't yet upgraded to a Zimbra version that includes dspam :-)
But, in regards to spamassassin stuff, it looks like it's all stored in:
/opt/zimbra/amavisd-new-2.3.3/.spamassassin
So, shut down Zimbra ... (or just the amavis stuff), rename the .spamassassin dir to, say, ".spamassassin.old", then startup Zimbra again, it should reinitialize the spamassassin data at that point.
While I haven't tried this, I'm inclined to think it *should* work... let us know if you try that and it works for you :-)

-Eric
dijichi2
Elite member
Elite member

Spam database reset

Post by dijichi2 »

also /opt/zimbra/dspam/var/dspam/data/z/i/zimbra/