[SOLVED] Deferred item in ZCA queue, how to flush?

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

The daily admin emails for the Appliance indicate that there is a deferred message. /var/log/zimbra.log has this when I grep for deferred.
Aug 24 15:54:00 zimbra postfix/smtp[21884]: 5AB2D3411F: to=, relay=MAILRELAY:25, delay=4.7, delays=0.12/0.06/1.3/3.2, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host MAILRELAY said: 451 ... Sender domain must resolve (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
Is there any way to flush the queue manually with the appliance?
A little searching turns up this thread (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/176048-post5.html) which indicates that using the postsuper might work. Is this the best way to do this task?
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

Queue management is a future feature for the appliance; you could flush this queue from the command line, or just wait for postfix to do it for you - but from the error returned (sender domain must resolve), you'll need to do some DNS work before that mail goes through.
Here's the RFE for the queue stuff:

Bug 49919 – Expose MTA configuration and management in Appliance
fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

The DNS on the appliance is fine, it turns out that the server of the primary MX record for the receiving domain is down. I was hoping a queue flush would make postfix try the secondary although I would of thought that it should of by default.