ZCA root password

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
tgerdes

ZCA root password

Post by tgerdes »

I and trying to find the default root account password for ZCA 607, any help in locating this would be appreciated. I have looked through the admin guide but cant see it referenced.
thejamjr

ZCA root password

Post by thejamjr »

If you are trying to login as root to a Linux based appliance, the user "root" will not be available by design (root password would be left blank, thus disabling login to this account). Use the "vmware" user and the password created during setup to login, then use 'sudo' before your commands to give youself near root access permissions. You can use sudo to actually assign a password to the root account so you can login, but this is not recommended for security reasons. Just google 'sudo command' and you should find everything you need.
tgerdes

ZCA root password

Post by tgerdes »

Thanks, I will look into it.
The reason I was after it was that I had my ZCA lunch itself after a power outage. When it came back it disk issues and wanted root to login and run the disk fix utils manually. It wouldnt let any other user login and sudo as it hadnt completed booting.
Trevor
thejamjr

ZCA root password

Post by thejamjr »

I found the following guide to be helpful for better understanding sudo and root access: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo
dinho

ZCA root password

Post by dinho »

By default Linux does not set root password for this BootX "the following:

enter the registered user, after login type:
sudo passwd root
will request the User Password and then registered a new password for root.
I have helped.