When is ZCA 7 leaving beta status?

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
jonbach

Post by jonbach »

I attended the V7 launch webinar, and I thought they said that ZCA would be leaving beta in late February, but that's come and gone... I'm reluctant to move our company to ZCA when it is on the cusp of a version update.
jonbach

Post by jonbach »

* * * bump * * *
cwray

Post by cwray »

[quote user="jonbach"]I attended the V7 launch webinar, and I thought they said that ZCA would be leaving beta in late February, but that's come and gone... I'm reluctant to move our company to ZCA when it is on the cusp of a version update.[/QUOTE]
I would also like to know when this is going to be or at least a reasonable time frame. We are in the process of planning our first internal mail platform for our company and had settled on Exchange 2010 until recently stumbling upon Zimbra.

We will be testing the platform over the next couple of weeks and if it fits our needs will more than likely deploy within three weeks and would like to have a stable release to do that on.
Clark Wray

Network Admin

Flory Industries
jonbach

Post by jonbach »

Wow, this lack of response of any kind has me totally rethinking whether I can trust Zimbra with my business. Do Zimbra staff not monitor their own forums?
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

ZCA 7.0 will GA towards the end of Q2. Any ZCA version you deploy today will have an upgrade path to the ZCA 7.0.
dave_kempe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by dave_kempe »

And nothing stopping anyone installing say Ubuntu 10.04 64bit and using zimbra GA on that in a VM. should be about the same as ZCA
jonbach

Post by jonbach »

Brian, thank you for the response.
Dave, that's not entirely true. The licensing model going that route is twice the price.