ZCA single node installation error

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
gendibal

Post by gendibal »

HI,

I TRY TO INSTALL ZCA IN SINGLE NODE TYPE. WHEN I CLICK ON INSTALL BUTTON THIS FORM APPEAR:

I CONFIRM DEFAULT PASSWORD AND PUT MY INTERNAL DOMAIN (I.E. DOMAIN.LOCAL), WITHOUT PROXY. WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE:
ERRORS EXIST IN REQUIRED FIELDS
WHAT ERRORS? HOW MUST BE COMPILED THIS FORM?
TNX
img.JPG
monolithcog

Post by monolithcog »

[quote]HI,

I TRY TO INSTALL ZCA IN SINGLE NODE TYPE. WHEN I CLICK ON INSTALL BUTTON THIS FORM APPEAR:

I CONFIRM DEFAULT PASSWORD AND PUT MY INTERNAL DOMAIN (I.E. DOMAIN.LOCAL), WITHOUT PROXY. WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE:
ERRORS EXIST IN REQUIRED FIELDS
WHAT ERRORS? HOW MUST BE COMPILED THIS FORM?
TNX[/QUOTE]
HI GENDIBAL,
WERE YOU ABLE TO FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE. I TO ARE EXPERIENCING THIS SAME FAULT.
MY POST IS HERE: "HTTP://WWW.ZIMBRA.COM/FORUMS/INSTALLATI ... FIELD.HTML
gerdesj

Post by gerdesj »

You say you "confirmed" the default password.
Try entering a different one. This part of the install is to do basic configuration and that includes changing the password from the default. So the error in required fields probably refers to the fact that you have re entered the default password and not changed it.
Cheers

Jon
monolithcog

Post by monolithcog »

[quote user="gerdesj"]You say you "confirmed" the default password.
Try entering a different one. This part of the install is to do basic configuration and that includes changing the password from the default. So the error in required fields probably refers to the fact that you have re entered the default password and not changed it.
Cheers

Jon[/QUOTE]
Hi gerdesj,
I had already though of that, and it is not the solution. Was that the solution for you?
As it still stands I receive the exact same fault.
cheers
gerdesj

Post by gerdesj »

I have never had this problem - plenty of others though!
What is the exact version you are installing? Mine calls itself: ZCA Release zca-8.0.0.1147 ZCS Build 8.0.0.GA.5434.UBUNTU10.64 NETWORK edition from a file called zca-8.0.0.0-1147_OV10.ova.
here are my installation steps, perhaps something might stand out.
Create a DNS A record before deployment

I deployed it to an ESXi in a vSphere 5 cluster setting the address etc When the appliance started up it worked out its own name from the A record

From a PC on the same network, I started the :5480 configuration

The default user/pass were root/vmware

The hostname was already correct

Set a new root password (mine was quite long with mixed case and numbers in it)

Set the domain which matched the DNS domain

Set the timezone
That was it.
The reason that I mention the same network is that I found that the install Zimbra phase would stall early on unless the configuration was run from the same subnet. The part of the install detailed above would work OK though. Didn't do much more troubleshooting of this and it may have something to do with the "real, routed" IPv6 availability on the network the appliance is on or the fact it lives on an externally routable IPv4 network.
Cheers

Jon