Palm Pilot Conduit Support

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
gfdos.sys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by gfdos.sys »

A nice extra feature would be Palm Pilot Support for calender sync.
Just an idea...
We are looking to replace squirel Mail and Outlook in our organization, and I think Zimbra is going to do it. I personally HATE Outlook, its nothing but a hassle to support. And squirel mail while well used/debuged/etc. uses a lot of bandwidth.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Thanks for the note. We'll add palm support to our mobility plans.
-kevin
GertThiel

Post by GertThiel »

[quote user="gfdos.sys"]A nice extra feature would be Palm Pilot Support for calender sync.[/QUOTE]

I have a HP iPaq hx4700 with Windows Mobile. May I ask for universal PDA sync support? MultiSync? SyncML?
Do you know MultiSync or Sync4j?
>- Gert
Teesh

Post by Teesh »

Yes - we plan to embrace the palm pilots, the windows mobile devices and the blackberry in the coming months. We do know the founders of Snyc4J and are working with them to write a Zimbra connector. Too many cool things to do ... too few days :-). But we are getting there - appreciate your feedback in the meantime.
emagin

Post by emagin »

Yes, may I add my strong strong support for this feature.
As a prosumer / business user, synchronization with PDA is absolutely #1 on my list. Ajax and all that jazz is cool, but if it don't synch, it don't make it into our environment.
I don't see much info on collaboration, and how users with iCal, Outlook, Evolution would collaborate effectively across this app. That would be #2 on my list :D
Thanks!
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="emagin"]Yes, may I add my strong strong support for this feature.
As a prosumer / business user, synchronization with PDA is absolutely #1 on my list. Ajax and all that jazz is cool, but if it don't synch, it don't make it into our environment.
I don't see much info on collaboration, and how users with iCal, Outlook, Evolution would collaborate effectively across this app. That would be #2 on my list :D
Thanks![/QUOTE]
Sync is coming. See the other post on Sync.
Outlook will have a MAPI provider. We can export to iCal today. Evolution can use IMAP and should be able to support ical format invites.