postgresql port?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
ceco

postgresql port?

Post by ceco »

Hi,

great product, but is there a plan/interest to porting it to postgresql (or any other database i.e. firebird).
When I find a time I can try to help and/or to contribute for a postgresql port if there is an interest.
Best regards

ceco
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

postgresql port?

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="ceco"]Hi,

great product, but is there a plan/interest to porting it to postgresql (or any other database i.e. firebird).
When I find a time I can try to help and/or to contribute for a postgresql port if there is an interest.
Best regards

ceco[/QUOTE]
Yes we'd like to support additional databases. Most of the work would be around the tools since at the moment we just wrap some of the MySQL tools. If you'd like to try; grab the source code and you can poke around.
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

postgresql port?

Post by dkarp »

The databse code is, by and large, found in com.zimbra.cs.db. There are a few MySQL-isms in there that may cause problems when you try to port to a different database: a few uses of GROUP_CONCAT (maybe done via a user-defined aggregate?), a couple calls to LAST_INSERT_ID, etc. But, in general, it should just be portable vanilla SQL.