Install Zimbra on FC4 by binaries file

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
vpoorboy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby vpoorboy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:50 am

There's a Zimbra package for FC3, which you can install some parts of it. By the other way, I mean install Zimbra on multiserver (mta,ldap,store,...). But on FC4, there's only way is installing it from source. Can we make a package and a install file wrapper from this source ?

andreychek
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby andreychek » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:18 pm

[quote user="vpoorboy"]There's a Zimbra package for FC3, which you can install some parts of it. By the other way, I mean install Zimbra on multiserver (mta,ldap,store,...). But on FC4, there's only way is installing it from source. Can we make a package and a install file wrapper from this source ?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, at the moment, they only have binaries for Fedora Core 3, and RedHat Enterprise Server 4 (which, incidentally, works fine with CentOS 4.x).
There were a number of folks who got the FC3 binaries running just fine on FC4, by following the simple steps in this post:

While">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_zimbra_faq_install_1
While
you could make a package and/or wrapper to install that source, I think you'll find the three or so steps in the above post to be far simpler.
Good luck,

-Eric

Return to “Developers”