DwtMenu & popdown

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
Heladito

DwtMenu & popdown

Post by Heladito »

I just have a small question regarding the DataViewer example.
If you right-click on one of the column header, an ActionMenu is displayed to the user. If now I click anyWhere in the Window outside the ActionMenu, the menu is popdowned.

Which component / listener gets this click and hides the menu, by calling the popdown function ?
In my example here (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552), the ActionMenus don't get popdowned under IE6. However, they do under FireFox. It was all working OK till I changed to M2.
Thx in advance.
Heladito

DwtMenu & popdown

Post by Heladito »

After a bit of debugging, I found out that the ActionMenus were popdowned under IE 6 if you clicked anywhere in the DwtShell or on another Dwt component. Since in my example, I have a shell size set to (0, 0), menus were not popdowned. I simply made the shell bigger and clicked into it and things were working OK.
Now, what has changed regarding this issue between M1 and M2 ? I'd like to keep my shell with a size of (0, 0), since I want to integrate dwt components with existing HTML code.
Basically, with this problem, it means you cannot mix up Dwt components with existring html under IE, or you'll run into trouble regarding event handling. For some reason, function DwtMenu._outsideMouseDownListener, is not called under IE if you don't click in the DwtShell.
I would see this as a bug. What do you think ?
rdargahi

DwtMenu & popdown

Post by rdargahi »

Bug filed id:4742. In the meantime one possible workaround you might try for now is to allow the shell to be 100% size (i..e default) and reparent the body elements to the shell's div. This may not be practical for you depending on how complex the body element is. Though you may be able to wrap the top level elements in a div
e.g.

lots of elements

lots of elements

Then reparent "someId" to the shell's div?
Heladito

DwtMenu & popdown

Post by Heladito »

Thx for the reply.
I think I'll work with Firefox since it works with this browser. You must have changed a little thing from M1 to M2 that IE didn't digest ;)
I am still in the testing / evaluating / "trying out things" phase of the development I have to do, si I can do without IE for a little moment. If you have troubles correcting the problem, I'll try the workaround.
Heladito

DwtMenu & popdown

Post by Heladito »

Just being curious ;)
did you manage to solve this problem ? If yes, where can I get the fix ?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

DwtMenu & popdown

Post by 14319KevinH »

The bug is still open. You'll be able to get updates soon when we open up bugzilla for public access.
rdargahi

DwtMenu & popdown

Post by rdargahi »

[quote user="Heladito"]Just being curious ;)
did you manage to solve this problem ? If yes, where can I get the fix ?[/QUOTE]
Just an update. The fix for this should be available in the next couple of days. I have also created added a new method to DwtShell called setVirtual. This will allow the Shell to behave virtually and ensure that things like menu's, dialogs behave correctly. I will be posting an example of how this all works as well