[SOLVED] Zimbra 5 to support openSUSE 10.4 ????

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
bigmudcake

Post by bigmudcake »

Hi there,
Not sure if its a typo but the product portal shows a supported platform of Zimbra 5 to be openSUSE 10.4
Considering openSUSE 10.3 is still in beta and not officially released, how is this possible ????
rdargahi

Post by rdargahi »

Oops, my bad. Looks like I fat fingered it. Should be fixed. Thanks for catching this!
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

"Open SUSE 10.2" - marking thread solved
bigmudcake

Post by bigmudcake »

Thanks for speedy reply, that clears up the confusion :)
So to confirm, Zimbra 5 will officially support openSUSE 10.2.
I assume there are probably no plans to officially support openSUSE 10.3 when its released.
I hope there are no big differences between 10.2 and 10.3 :cool: as I am planning if possible to run Zimbra 5 on openSUSE 10.3
I will let the community how I get on, and will probably post another unofficial openSUSE installation guide for others who want to do the same :)
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

Though openSUSE10.3 is slated for final release next month (actually, one of the RC's is scheduled for tomorrow) there's just not enough time to get it fully tested/supported in the already overfilled initial zcs5 schedule; but by all means post any necessary steps that you find in your testing & open an RFE for a official build to be made.
ross,

currently openSUSE Linux 10.0 x86 is supported NE in v4.5 but it's not listed anywhere for v5 in pmweb

& Open SUSE 10.2 is listed in just the OS section - so as it stands it looks like there's no NE Open SUSE 10.2 for v5...this correct?

dropping SUSE ES 9 as well? (just SUSE ES 10 is listed)

ie: in the OS section nothing older than Fedora 7...etc, etc
just pruning/keeping the list shorter?

or finally phasing out all together?
Perhaps if a build package is going to be made available, but not given testing/support, maybe some usage of the EOL/no longer supported tag? If people line up the 5.0 & 4.5 pages and there's discrepancy's, they want to know if it got phased out, or it was just accidentally omitted from the list.
Because essentially we just told SUSE ES 9 users that they will have to upgrade to SUSE ES 10 for ZCSv5, etc.
Just pointing out the tag hasn't got a lot of usage :p and while intended to be put on the zcs version numbers, it could be useful to note platform changes. (I see you started to do it with the older versions of firefox etc)
Zimbra Product Portal - 4.5

Zimbra Product Portal - 5.0

http://www.zimbra.com/products/downloads.html

http://www.zimbra.com/community/downloads.html
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

There's no support for Zimbra Network Edition on openSUSE from version 5 onwards.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]There's no support for Zimbra Network Edition on openSUSE from version 5 onwards.

[quote user="mmorse"]& Open SUSE 10.2 is listed in just the OS section - so as it stands it looks like there's no NE Open SUSE 10.2 for v5...this correct?[/quote]

[/quote]
I guess if that's a final list, then it doesn't matter, but a notice 'these are the only provided builds' would make sense.
Why am I wondering?:

Any idea/comment on the SUSE ES 9 > SUSE ES 10 (currently listed for both OS & NE)

Thus, that will mean platform upgrades for some people-always good to let them know in advance for long term planning purposes.

So that when zcs5 comes out they aren't just realizing that they need to upgrade; and things get delayed as they start their own internal operating system switch testing phase.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

SLES9 isn't eol because it's still a supported platform fro Zimbra NE.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

...because v4.5 will be still be supported. I guess I just need to shift my thinking to 'these are the only build releases for v5' mentality, and stop worrying about highlighting the differences between 4.5 > 5.0 :cool: