How to set external calendar sync period or force a sync?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
9242rsteiner

Post by 9242rsteiner »

I have users set up with a sync to external iCal (ics) calendar(s). I know in the Zimbra Web Client you can right click on the calendar and click Refresh. But my users find that a pain to remember (and I agree).
I haven't been able to find where I might set the sync period for Zimbra to update this calendar. Searching the forums it appears this time is 6 hours. I'd like to get this down to 30 minutes to an hour. If there isn't a way to change that setting, is there a way through an API (or SOAP call or whatever) to trigger Zimbra to refresh/resync to the external calendar?
jdk

Post by jdk »

[quote user="9242rsteiner"]I have users set up with a sync to external iCal (ics) calendar(s). I know in the Zimbra Web Client you can right click on the calendar and click Refresh. But my users find that a pain to remember (and I agree).
I haven't been able to find where I might set the sync period for Zimbra to update this calendar. Searching the forums it appears this time is 6 hours. I'd like to get this down to 30 minutes to an hour. If there isn't a way to change that setting, is there a way through an API (or SOAP call or whatever) to trigger Zimbra to refresh/resync to the external calendar?[/QUOTE]
Hi,

Could you please tell how can i sync external user's calendar free/busy status.
Any help is appreciated...
ddeighton

Re: How to set external calendar sync period or force a sync?

Post by ddeighton »

Did anyone figure out the solution to this problem? I need a default iCal refresh of 30 minutes.