Looking for preferred IM Zimlet

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
13641Calmetrics

Post by 13641Calmetrics »

Hello,
I am looking for a IM Zimlet for the Web-Client of Zimbra. There is Meebo, which I will probably try out, but I do not like that fact that all my users have to create a Meebo account. I would be nice if there was a built in IM for Zimbra.
1) Does Meebo function with 7.2 of Zimbra?

2) Is there a IM built against the accounts already setup in Zimbra, instead of having to create new accounts for the IM chosen?

3) Any other IM Zimlets I should check out?
Thanks

Jason
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="13641Calmetrics"]I am looking for a IM Zimlet for the Web-Client of Zimbra.[/QUOTE]There is an IM server in ZCS but it is beta quality and is being removed from ZCS version 8 onwards. There are several discussions and threads on the topic and there's also a bugzilla entry that covers what the intended web UI interface might be like.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mlanner
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mlanner »

Hi Bill,
This is the first I've heard of IM being removed. Do you know why? It's such a great feature. :(
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="mlanner"]This is the first I've heard of IM being removed. Do you know why? It's such a great feature. :([/QUOTE]This has been discussed in the forums since (at least) early last year, the IM server is beta quality and can cause problems on some installations. Connection to an IM server (of your choice) will be possible in ZCS 8 (at some time), check the current ZCS NE Release Notes and search bugzilla for the outstanding (and resolved) bug reports on the subject. Here's some of the forum discussions: site:zimbra.com +im +server +removed - Yahoo! Search Results
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra