Click To Call Zimlet

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
Brian.Ingram@epescarriers.com

Click To Call Zimlet

Post by Brian.Ingram@epescarriers.com »

I have a ShoreTel phone system and would like to use the Click to Call Feature but see it only integrates with Mitel phone systems. Is there a way to integrate it with other systems?
blazeking
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Click To Call Zimlet

Post by blazeking »

None that I have seen.
ychaouche
Advanced member
Advanced member

Click To Call Zimlet

Post by ychaouche »

[quote user="Brian.Ingram@epescarriers.com"]I have a ShoreTel phone system and would like to use the Click to Call Feature but see it only integrates with Mitel phone systems. Is there a way to integrate it with other systems?[/QUOTE]
Hi Brian. Is there any free, public developer documentation for the ShoreTel system that one could use to integrate it to zimbra ?
ychaouche
Advanced member
Advanced member

Click To Call Zimlet

Post by ychaouche »

Looking at the source code of click2call zimlet, I can see that it makes webservices calls to mitel webserver. Maybe the Shortel also has webservices to perform calls. Appearantly, the things to change to make Shortel work are :
1/ change the click2call_server property in config_template.xml

2/ change email, password if those are the required fields to authenticate, otherwise put username instead of email. These are in ZmClick2Call.js

3/ Change the getMakeCallXml function in ZmClick2CallProviderAPIs.js

4/ maybe change the doClick2Call function in ZmClick2CallProviderAPIs.js if authentication is done differently. In Mitel, one has just to provide email and password (base64) in the Authorization section of the HTTP headers

5/ maybe change getClearConnectionXML (used in doHangup)

These should be the basic functions to change to be able to make a call. All other functions in the API are note used anywhere in the code : getEndSessionRequestXML, getDestinationsXML, getAccountInfoXML, getPhysicalDeviceInformationXML, getMessagesRequestXML, getMessageUrlRequestXML, getEndSessionRequestXML,