Zimlet Idea - CAN-SPAM

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
sjobe

Zimlet Idea - CAN-SPAM

Postby sjobe » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:12 pm

I work for a company that adheres to the CAN-SPAM act. On occasion, I need to send out email to a distribution list. According to the CAN-SPAM Act, I cannot do this by placing a contact group into the BCC field and sending the note. Instead, I need to create an individual email for each member of the group.
I was wondering if anyone had created a Zimlet that would let you select a Contact Group and email template, then send individual email out to each member of that Contact Group.
Thoughts?

fcash
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimlet Idea - CAN-SPAM

Postby fcash » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Uhm, that's exactly how the BCC: field works (individual e-mail messages are generated by the SMTP server).
Or, do you mean that you must have a separate "Sent" message for each person in the group, saved in your account?
sjobe

Zimlet Idea - CAN-SPAM

Postby sjobe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:29 pm

[quote user="fcash"]Uhm, that's exactly how the BCC: field works (individual e-mail messages are generated by the SMTP server).
Or, do you mean that you must have a separate "Sent" message for each person in the group, saved in your account?[/QUOTE]

Freddie,

Thanks for the response. My organization has interpreted the CAN SPAM Act to say that I must send an individual messages by using only the "To" field. I cannot use "bcc". So if I need to send out a note to a Contact Group of 100 people and I don't want the recipients to see everyones else's email address, I need to create 100 separate emails. Not very efficient, hence my post. Any help is appreciated.

Return to “Zimlets”