Enhancing the toolbar Round 2

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
brick__

Enhancing the toolbar Round 2

Post by brick__ »

Hello again guys,

As you may have seen in my first post on this matter (you can check it out here), @heswaran gave me a solution that seemed good enough. It turned out that even though the zimlet does what I need, there's a slight ajustement I need to make, and I really don't know how to solve it. Since a zimlet is the last thing loaded, there is a small window of time during which the toolbar appears as the stock toolbar, and then the zimlet takes control over the UI and makes the changes. So it makes me realize that zimlets are not design for this kind of pre-ui-building, or at least not the one I want to do.
I've heard that skins are pre-loaded, and as such, aren't subject to such mechanics. The thing is, the only piece of javascript code I can find in a skin is the ZmSkin.js file, and filled as it is, I am not able to even get the UI objects back, or change what I want to change.
My question is: Is there anyway for me to make such changes without the inconvenience described above? If so, how can I achieve that? I don't need a full solution of course, I just need someone to point me in the right direction, link me to some code or even post some that I can relate to my problem.

Any help is much appreciated.