[8.x] Schedule all mails to be sent later

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

[8.x] Schedule all mails to be sent later

Post by maxxer »

Hi.
I was wondering if it's possible to delay all the outgoing email, something like the undo send zimlet, but done automatically for all the sent emails. I was looking at the undo send source code but I don't know where to find the APIs of the zimlet object. I mean, I found the API docs here, but i.e. I'm unable to find the _send method anywhere.
I was looking for the same method to schedule a delayed send.

Anyone has hints?
thanks
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: [8.x] Schedule all mails to be sent later

Post by jholder »

maxxer wrote:Hi.
I was wondering if it's possible to delay all the outgoing email, something like the undo send zimlet, but done automatically for all the sent emails. I was looking at the undo send source code but I don't know where to find the APIs of the zimlet object. I mean, I found the API docs here, but i.e. I'm unable to find the _send method anywhere.
I was looking for the same method to schedule a delayed send.

Anyone has hints?
thanks
So the zimlet doesn't really delay all outgoing mail. Outgoing mail using SMTP via outlook or thunderbird will not delay. The zimlet simply delays the post to the server which calls SendMessageRequest. So for your situation, this only works if all users are using the advanced ajax client.

If you wish to delay all outgoing mail, you would want to follow something like this:
https://pintant.cat/2010/04/14/how-to-d ... s-postfix/

The file to edit is /opt/zimbra/common/conf/master.cf.in
You would need to maintain a copy of this, as it may be replaced on an upgrade. Use caution, this customization is not supported.
maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: [8.x] Schedule all mails to be sent later

Post by maxxer »

Thank you for the suggestion, I will certainly look into that.

My solution was more user friendly, as with the Zimlet they would be able to autonomously cancel send, if they needed it. A Postfix tweak will require an administrator to look into that, requiring more time and people involved.

I know this is limited to ZWC only, but that's enough as most of our users use Zimbra via web.