[SOLVED] Function Unread Message like YM or Google

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
manit

Post by manit »

how can i short with unread messages only, it like yahoo or google that they have function "Unread Messages":o
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

Welcome to the forums,

In the main search bar you can type: is:unread If you want you can even save that search for easy access later!
(also is:anywhere is:unread & is:remote is:unread become handy on v5 with shared folders)
Search Tips - Zimbra :: Wiki
You can set your General Options/Preferences to 'Always show search string' to see the current query in the Search toolbar.

For example, when this option is set, clicking your Inbox folder shows the query string in:inbox.

If you set the 'Initial mail search' to something besides that, upon login you will be taken to that folder/results first.
There's also an advanced graphical search builder:
15442anteos

Post by 15442anteos »

...... and you can save the query builded with the Advance Search Builder, so you'll have a link to show all the unread messages.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

You can also change your default search from"in:inbox" to "in:inbox is:unread" and this will only show you unread msgs in your inbox when you login.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

I'm gonna mark this as solved - because I can't fathom that you need much more help with it, as the search tips article should help you out a bunch :D
If there's a functionality that you desire by all means test in the 5.0RC2 Hosted Demo then let us know here & put in an RFE :)
Also handy are:

is:unreplied

is:solo (5.0 you'll see an unable to parse msg if you try in 4.5)

and not in:inbox is the same as simply going -in:inbox
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

conversely to mmorse's reply above... is "is:anywhere" *not* the default for 5.0? I.e., the default search is just personal folders, not shared?
manit

Post by manit »

Thanks a lot for your answers Mod. and all member.

May be i have some question at the next time :P
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Rich Graves"]conversely to mmorse's reply above... is "is:anywhere" *not* the default for 5.0? I.e., the default search is just personal folders, not shared?[/QUOTE]The default search for version 5 is still: "in:inbox or is:unread".
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra